Tuesday, October 25, 2011

To facebook or not to Facebook

At first i thought facebook was a place where people can get to talk to each other from home and keep in touch with people that i know. Sadly Dr. Preston made that perspective of facebook no longer exist. I was blind to the foolish truth, when i should have realized nothing comes free. I had no idea that the internet was so advanced already in this day and age. I have known of the notorious "Hackers" but i had no clue that all of these sales adds on the side of my page are actually based off of information that facebook has acquired from me. Just like my "Private information", its not private to just you but so many others are able to access this privacy. I dont know how my peers feel about this but i dont like the fact of facebook knowing who my cousins and family are, or my actual birthdate (which i should have probably never gave) but i had no idea that it was actually public. I fell for Mike Zuckerburg and his staffs "trickery" if thats the proper word. It really makes me wonder how many people dont know about this? and if they are doing this kind of stuff already... what are they doing behind what I have just recently found out?

No comments:

Post a Comment